Monday, January 23, 2006

New year is coming...

New year is coming again. Calender and the atmostphere around told me so. But I didn't really feel like it is going to be new year. I heard that this year we are going to restorant to have out annual dinner. The first time we went out to eat.
I remember when I still a litter kid, even the dining table is huge and round. The adult are manage to full it with people. There is no empty seat, at that time.
I call my mom few day ago, ask her whats news and are she going to eat with us. The answer is no, I try to talk her through by telling this will be only once a year gathering dinner. Her answer is shocking, " what gather?" What is so good about eating together? Since the family is broken already, eating together will bring it any diffrent mei?
I started to notice the dining table started to appear some empty seat each year. Last 2 year grand pa and grand ma is gone too. This year the table will only have 3 person. They still call this gathering dinner. But I didn't feel how warm will this dinner be.
I miss the time when people are all busy to prepare for new year. When that time, I still can feel like the family is together. I miss the last old day.....

No comments: